Alhaitham DPS Genshin Impact Build, Best Artifacts and Weapons
Alhaitham Genshin Impact Build - When Alhaitham's gameplay was shown for the first time, many thought it was nothing more than Keqing but with Dendro elements. That's not surprising since at first glance the two have a lot of similarities.
But upon release, Alhaitham turned out to offer a much different and more complex way of playing than Keqing. How powerful is he? Check out the following guide.
Alhaitham Genshin Impact Builds
Alhaitham is a B5 Dendro character with a sword weapon. He is generally played as a DPS character, either as an on-field DPS or Quickswap character. As a Dendro character, he is able to utilize Spread reactions, and is also very helpful in creating Bloom reactions and their subreactions.
Visually, Alhaitham's gameplay does have similarities to Keqing. Both have the ability to move around by holding Elemental Skills, with fast and furious Elemental Burst attacks.
However, the fundamental gameplay difference lies in the rotation. Because Keqing has a short cooldown, it has a fairly flexible rotation and is easier to play.
Alhaitham on the other hand has the Chisel-Light Mirror mechanic to watch out for, as it significantly affects his damage output.
Every time Alhaitham performs a Normal Attack, there will be an additional attack based on the number of Mirrors he currently has. These mirrors will increase and decrease in several ways. The following is a simple explanation of the Mirror dynamics:
- +2 Mirror when activating Elemental Skills if you don't have a Mirror.
- +1 Mirror when Charged/Plunge Attack hits the enemy after activating Elemental Skill.
- -1 Mirror every 4 seconds passes.
- Using Elemental Burst will consume all Mirrors.
- If Elemental Burst consumes 0 Mirrors, then +3 Mirrors.
- The maximum number of Mirrors is 3.
Coupled with the long Elemental Skill and Burst cooldowns and high energy costs, playing Alhaitham cannot be as free as Keqing or other characters. If there is a rotation error or use of skills, the damage produced will also not be maximized.
There are 2 common attack sequences that Alhaitham launches, depending on the playstyle and team used. If you want to utilize Alhaitham as a main DPS or as an enabler, then keep the maximum number of Mirrors currently owned.
This way of playing will more often use Normal Attack and Elemental Skill. The Elemental Burst is only used to produce 3 Mirrors at the beginning of the rotation.
Example of attack order: Burst -> Normal Attack -> E. Skill -> Normal Attack.
Talent Priority: Normal Attack = Elemental Skill > Elemental Burst.
Meanwhile, if you want to utilize Elemental Burst and replace it with another character, you can simply use Elemental Skill, followed by Charged or Plunge Attack, then activate the Burst.
Example of attack order: E. Skill -> Normal Attack -> Charged Attack -> Burst.
Talent Priority: Elemental Burst > Elemental Skill = Normal Attack.
Alhaitham Genshin Impact Best Weapon
The weapons section will be divided into two parts, namely the best weapons and the best F2P weapons.
1. Alhaitham Best Weapon
- Light of Foliar Incision - CRIT Rate is increased by 4%. After Normal Attacks deal Elemental DMG, the Foliar Incision effect will be obtained, increasing DMG dealt by Normal Attacks and Elemental Skills by 120% of Elemental Mastery. This effect will disappear after 28 DMG instances or 12s. You can obtain Foliar Incision once every 12s.
- Primordial Jade Cutter - HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 1.2% of the wielder's Max HP.
- Haran Geppaku Futsu - Obtain 12% All Elemental DMG Bonus. When other nearby party members use Elemental Skills, the character equipping this weapon will gain 1 Wavespike stack. Max 2 stacks. This effect can be triggered once every 0.3s. When the character equipping this weapon uses an Elemental Skill, all stacks of Wavespike will be consumed to gain Rippling Upheaval: each stack of Wavespike consumed will increase Normal Attack DMG by 20% for 8s.
- Mistsplitter Reforged - Gain a 12% Elemental DMG Bonus for all elements and receive the might of the Mistsplitter's Emblem. At stack levels 1/2/3, the Mistsplitter's Emblem provides a 8/16/28% Elemental DMG Bonus for the character's Elemental Type. The character will obtain 1 stack of Mistsplitter's Emblem in each of the following scenarios: Normal Attack deals Elemental DMG (stack lasts 5s), casting Elemental Burst (stack lasts 10s); Energy is less than 100% (stack disappears when Energy is full). Each stack's duration is calculated independently.
- The Black Sword - Increases DMG dealt by Normal and Charged Attacks by 20%. Additionally, regenerates 60% of ATK as HP when Normal and Charged Attacks score a CRIT Hit. This effect can occur once every 5s.
- Xiphos' Moonlight - The following effect will trigger every 10s: The equipping character will gain 0.036% Energy Recharge for each point of Elemental Mastery they possess for 12s, with nearby party members gaining 30% of this buff for the same duration. Multiple instances of this weapon can allow this buff to stack. This effect will still trigger even if the character is not on the field.
Light of Foliar Incision is Alhaitham's best weapon. With a very high Crit DMG, this weapon is also able to provide additional damage through its passive effects. This weapon also provides a small Crit Rate to the user.
Alternatively, you can use weapons like Primordial Jade Cutter, Mistsplitter Reforged, Haran Geppaku Futsu, Black Sword, or Xiphos' Moonlight. These alternative B5 weapons have fairly equal performance, so it's just a matter of adjusting the Artifact stat you have.
2. Alhaitham's Best Weapons for F2P
- Harbinger of Dawn - When HP is above 90%, increases CRIT Rate by 14%.
- Toukabou Shigure - After an attack hits opponents, it will inflict an instance of Cursed Parasol upon one of them for 10s. This effect can be triggered once every 15s. If this opponent is taken out during Cursed Parasol's duration, Cursed Parasol's CD will be refreshed immediately. The character wielding this weapon will deal 16% more DMG to the opponent affected by Cursed Parasol.
- Iron Sting - Dealing Elemental DMG increases all DMG by 6% for 6s. Max 2 stacks. Can occur once every 1s.
- Sapwood Blade - After triggering Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon, a Leaf of Consciousness will be created around the character for a maximum of 10s. When picked up, the Leaf will grant the character 60 Elemental Mastery for 12s. Only 1 Leaf can be generated this way every 20s. This effect can still be triggered if the character is not on the field. The Leaf of Consciousness' effect cannot stack.
- Favonius Sword - CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
As for Alhaitham's best F2P weapon, you can use the Harbinger of Dawn. This weapon will increase Crit Rate and Crit DMG quite high if you manage to maintain the user's HP above 90%. However, in practice, it is quite difficult to fulfill these conditions, especially without a strong shielder.
With that said, the F2P weapons that are more comfortable to use other than that are Toukabou Shigure or Iron Sting. Both have EM substances that are very useful for Alhaitham. Other alternative weapons that can be used are Festering Desire, Favonius Sword, or Sapwood Blade.
Alhaitham Genshin Impact Best Artifacts
- 2-Piece: Increases Elemental Mastery by 80.
- 4-Piece: Within 8s of triggering an Elemental Reaction, the character equipping this will obtain buffs based on the Elemental Type of the other party members. ATK is increased by 14% for each party member whose Elemental Type is the same as the equipping character, and Elemental Mastery is increased by 50 for every party member with a different Elemental Type. Each of the aforementioned buffs will count up to 3 characters. This effect can be triggered once every 8s. The character who equips this can still trigger its effects when not on the field.
- 2-Piece: Dendro DMG Bonus +15%.
- 4-Piece: After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets' Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the equipping character is not on the field.
The main stat to increase Alhaitham's damage is Elemental Mastery. Thus, you can use 4-pc Gilded Dreams, which will provide quite a lot of EM. How to trigger the effect is quite easy.
Alternatively, you can use 4-pc Deepwood Memories if no other characters are using it. If you don't have both of the above sets with appropriate or good substates, you can temporarily use a combination of 2pc Gilded Dreams, Wanderer's Troupe, Deepwood Memories, or Emblem of Severed Fate.
ER% Recommendation: Solo Dendro: 170-180% | 2 Dendro: 130-140%.
Main stat to look for:
- Sands: Elemental Mastery.
- Goblet: Dendro DMG Bonus%.
- Circlet: Crit Rate/DMG%.
Sub stat prioritization: Elemental Mastery > Crit Rate/DMG% > ER% > ATK% > Flat ATK.
Alhaitham's Best Team Composition
The type of team that will greatly boost the personal damage of Alhaitham is of course the Spread team. In this team, you only need to fill 1 other Dendro character, 1 Electro character, and 1 flexible character as needed. Examples of team compositions you can use are Alhaitham, Nahida/Dendro MC/Yaoyao, Fischl/Raiden Shogun and Zhongli/Kazuha.
As a character capable of being an enabler/driver, Alhaitham can also be utilized in Bloom's team, especially if you have Nilou. If you intend to pair the two, you can just insert Dendro and Hydro characters as needed. An example of a team you can use in this team is Alhaitham, Nilou, Xingqiu, and Yaoyao.
Hyperbloom is a team that is quite easy to play but with a high damage output. Usually, the Electro characters used for Hyperbloom teams are Raiden Shogun and Kuki Shinobu, and then it's just a matter of including strong Hydro characters, such as Xingqiu and Yelan.
Similar to Hyperbloom's team composition, Burgeon's team just needs to replace its Electro characters with Pyro. The usual Pyro character used to trigger Burgeon is Thoma.
Alhaitham Genshin Impact Tips
The following are some tips that you can use while formulating the best build for Alhaitham:
When his Elemental Burst will produce 3 Mirrors (when Alhaitham doesn't have a Mirror), there is actually a time lag between activating and getting his 3 Mirrors. This can be used to switch to another character, such as Fischl or Kuki Shinobu, use their skills, then return to Alhaitham.
That way, Alhaitham will start a Normal Attack rotation with full Mirrors, as well as extra attacks from other characters. However, it should also be noted what kind of character will be used. This trick will not have time to change to characters that take longer to setup, for example like Yae Miko.
The way Alhaitham produces Dendro energy particles is quite unique. If other characters generally immediately produce energy particles when using Elemental Skills, then Alhaitham needs to trigger a Mirror attack first to produce particle energy.
Fortunately, the energy produced does not depend on the number of Mirrors. In one rotation, Alhaitham can produce around five Dendro energy particles. This amount is quite a lot for the size of a DPS character. But the drawback is that Alhaitham cannot do funneling to other characters.
With the release of Alhaitham, Genshin Impact seems to want to create a complex character, but with an existing foundation. The foundation in question here is Keqing.
So since players are already quite familiar with how to play Keqing, the way to play Alhaitham will not be completely foreign. Players just need to adapt their Mirror mechanics to Keqing's distinctive gameplay.